- Writing: travel writing, article writing, rewriting, magazine writing, academic writing, ghost writing, and blogging.
- Editing: book, short story, or flash fiction.
- Genre Specialties: Crime Thriller, Horror, Thriller, Suspense, Fantasy, Action, Historical Fiction, Historical Fantasy.
Developmental/Substantive Editing: working directly with the author to craft the manuscript. The organisation and presentation of existing content. Rephrasing for smoothness or improved clarity. Character development.
Line Editing: look at the manuscript as a whole. Paragraph structure, sentence flow, word choice, and language-related techniques. A focus on voice, style, readability, and forward movement.
Copy-editing: Concentration on language. Making the style of the language clean and consistent. Grammar, usage, spelling, punctuation, and other mechanics of style. The process of reviewing and correcting written material to ensure it is free of error, repetition, and inconsistency.
Manuscript Critique: written analysis, critique and analysis of the manuscript. Evaluation of the strengths and weaknesses of the fiction presentation and the writing style.
Rewriting: creating a new manuscript or parts of a manuscript using content supplied. Does not include research or new material, unless agreed upon.
Contact me: email@example.com
- Editorial packages are available upon request, including a price list.
- My CV can be found in my portfolio section.
- Please include the genre, word count, level of editing needed, and time frame required in any email request.